played 69 times
DNA feat. Suzanne Vega - Tom’s Diner
I didn’t think it was possible for me to love this show more than I already do. But then Raviva drops a reference to Sharon Van Etten and Lou gives a very decent karaoke rendition of Tom’s Diner by DNA feat. Suzanne Vega. I’m such a cheap date.
Started Underemployed. Love it! I love all of them. Very relatable. It reminds me of Life As We Know It, but it takes place post-college.
I just finished watching the third episode of The Newsroom, “The 112th Congress,” and I was surprised to see Gideon Yago's name in the credits. He had apparently co-written it with Aaron Sorkin!
Some of my earliest pop culture memories were of him hosting TRL and the VMAs in the 00s. Glad to know he’s still around.
Just hit me that Beau Mirchoff and Daniel Sharman look alike. Also, apparently Daniel is English. Pretty convincing American accent there.
And so, Awkward. The writing can be a bit too Diablo Cody (read: contrived), but all in all I’m loving it after 7 episodes:
- Ashley Rickards is excellent as Jenna Hamilton. She may be clever and snarky, but she’s also vulnerable, making her very believable. She looks like a skinny Amber Tamblyn (Joan of Arcadia).
- I also like that the resident queen bee, Sadie Saxton (Molly Tarlov), is not a peppy blonde blue-eyed stick. A friend was on the money when she described her as a “fat Selma Blair”.
- Tamara (Jillian Rose Reed) is very Gretchen Wieners, like a chihuahua that’s had to much sugar.
- Ming (Jessica Lu) reminds me so much of Lane from Gilmore Girls.
- I find it refreshing that Matty McKibben (Beau MIrchoff) and Jake Rosati (Brett Davern) are both falling for Jenna even though (or is it precisely because?) she’s not part of the popular crowd.
NOTE: This is THEIR version of Skins, not the UK Skins.
Shocker! In opposite world.