GQ: Who were some of the designers that they wore?
Dayna Pink [costume director, Crazy, Stupid, Love]: Ryan was a lot of more modern designers… So Gossuin, and for him I did Albert Hammond, Jr. for Confederacy shoes, he had some Alexander McQueen, he’s got some Lanvin, he’s got some Versace shoes.
GQ: There’s a line in the movie where Ryan Gosling’s character says: “You are better than the Gap.” What is wrong with the Gap?
Dayna Pink: That’s not really where he was headed. Is there anything wrong with the Gap? No, of course not. The Gap has some great basics. But are we going to do a makeover at the Gap? No. Under no circumstances. Are you going to go, like, “Dude, I’m making you over, we are going to the Gap! And from there, we are going to Target! And you are going to be amazing!” That’s just doesn’t work. I think what he was saying was that it isn’t simple, you know? You’re better than basic. Let’s do something special here.
Most of his suits, including this one, my favorite, were designed by Ilaria Urbinati and The Strokes’ Albert Hammond, Jr. (also ex of Agyness Deyn) and produced by Brooklyn-based tailor Martin Greenfield. The very definition of swag, my friends.
- 123lester reblogged this from ginobambino
- hologramheartz likes this
- dolce-farr-niente likes this
- itzeelvilla reblogged this from ginobambino
- cactuscoitus likes this
- retrogamerchick reblogged this from ginobambino
- iiiloveyougypsyeyes likes this
- decouvrir likes this
- waterforchocolate likes this
- starsforbreakfast likes this
- christineargante likes this
- lechantilly likes this
- engouement likes this
- yearoftherebellion likes this
- ayeeveex3 likes this
- dontsayyourgoodbyes likes this
- who-is-egay likes this
- pachee likes this
- stoicseaurchin likes this
- nilla said: UGHHHHH I JUST SAW CRAZY STUPID LOVE LIKE LAST TUESDAY. SQUEEEEE~
- nilla likes this
- ledgelife likes this
- aowins reblogged this from ginobambino
- aowins likes this
- ginobambino posted this